Grilled Nectarines with Honey-Nut sauce
- 4nectarines ripe
- 1/3cupraw honey
- 1/3cup broken macadamia nuts OR almond nuts
- 2tspcinnamon powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C.
- Halve your ripe nectarines, and remove the pit.
- Place the 8 nectarine-halves in a pretty baking dish that has been greased quite well with the butter, so the butter forms part of the sauce when it is baking in a bit.
- Place a small drop of butter inside each nectarine-half.
- Drizzle a good helping of honey all over the halved nectarines.
- Sprinkle the nuts all over the dish.
- Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon powder all over the dish.
- Place the dish into the oven, and turn the grill at the top on to medium-high.
- Watch the nectarines, and make sure after about 10 minutes that they have not burnt.
- Remove the dish when you see the butter has melted and mixed with the honey and cinnamon, and the nuts have browned a bit.
- Serve with hand-made ice cream or freshly whipped cream.