Lize's Tuna Meatballs
- 3cupsdeep sea tuna, shredded
- 1cupoat flakes / rolled oats
- 1/2cuprice flour
- 1brown onion, chopped fine
- 30gfresh parsley, chopped fine
- 2tbspcumin powder
- 2tspfine Himalayan salt
- 2tspfine black pepper
- 200mlneutral taste coconut oil
- splash of water if it is too dry
- Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl, and mix well.
- Add a splash of water if it seems too dry, but the fish should give it a lot of moisture.
- Sprinkle some rice flour on a large plate.
- Roll the mixture into round balls and flatten slightly into patties of about 6 cm in width, and place on the plate to rest.
- Cover the dish with wrap or a food saver, and rest the patties in the fridge for about 3 hours. (Optional, they are delicious right away too.)
- Heat up the coconut oil in a deep pan.
- When you hear about 2 pops, you can turn the heat to medium and start frying.
- Ensure that the patties are slightly golden on each side. Tuna can be eaten raw, but with meatballs it is best if just slightly slightly pink in the middle rather.
- Enjoy as a burger patty, or in a wrap with an aioli sauce. Or with a side dish of rice salad and a light mayonnaise dressing. Or just snack on it during the day! Absolutely delicious!