Mac & Cheese with a twist!
- 4cupscream (you can do 2 cups cream 2 cups milk)
- 1mediumonion, finally chopped
- 4clovesgarlic, finally chopped
- 1 large broccoli head, broken up into small pieces
- 1large cauliflower head, broken up into small pieces
- 250gbacon, in small pieces
- 1cupgrated strong hard cheese. I love pecorino.
- 2tbspcumin powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2cupplain feta cheese
- 1cupfresh parsley, finally chopped
- Cook the macaroni and keep aside.
- Fry the bacon pieces, onions and garlic and keep aside.
- Put the cream, broccoli and cauliflower in a pot. Add more milk if the vegetables are very big.
- Cook the broccoli and cauliflower till just-just soft.
- Stir in the cumin powder, salt and pepper. As well as the bacon mix and grated cheese.
- Poor all into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the feta over.
- Place in the oven under the grill, and bake for about 20 minutes. You want little crispy edges.
- Take out of the oven, and sprinkle the chopped parsley over.